Oncogrrrls and Marimachos cancerosas proudly announce a public event on ‘Breast Cancer and Dissident Corporealities’. This is the first of its kind event in Spain that seeks to challenge heteronormativity and biomedical authority in breast cancer policy discourses and practices.
When: 11/9/2013 at 3pm
Where: Ca la Dona, Barcelona, Spain
- 15:00 h. Projection ‘Pink Ribbons, Inc.’
- 16:45 h. The body-workshop lead by Oncogrrls
- 18:30 h. Discussion Panel
- Screening of Short Film ‘Parenthesis’
- Julia Ojuel: Critical reading of breast cancer numbers
- Breast Cancer Consortium member, Ana Porroche: Another kind of violence: the ‘join the pink’ slogan
- Ainhoa Irueta: breast cancer and the imposition of corporeal discipline
- Marisa Paituví, Carol Novella and Caro Vallverdú: Resisting breast cancer from the language of the body. Presentation of the Oncogrrrls’ project.